Episode 24 - The dinosaur of lurvve
While Mel is swanning around western Europe, being all international scientist of mystery, ex regular and extremely welcome guest Maia has returned for an episode.
This fortnight we're talking about:
- Why it's so hard threading a needle (and what it means for our understanding of vision) - http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/04/30/3984980.htm
- Blood protien helps rejuvenate mice muscle and brains (also Gothic Horror inspired acts of science) - http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25516-blood-protein-rejuvenates-brain-and-muscle-in-old-mice.html#.U2eABXJhU9k
- What James thinks is the coolest name for a dinosaur - http://australianageofdinosaurs.com/dino-australovenator.php
- Australian scientists help confirm the existance of a new element - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-02/australian-scientists-help-add-new-element-to-periodic-table/5426942?WT.ac=statenews
- Zombie bacteria - http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/05/02/3996620.htm
- Why is it only the male bits get the research? - http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pbio.1001851
Thanks again to Maia for stepping into the breach, it was fun and awesome as always.
Our intro and outro music is Sudden Goodbye by Alex Beroza and can be found here http://ccmixter.org/files/AlexBeroza/43002